Thursday, January 20, 2011

Leave it to a rookie....

SOOOOOOO.  I had a HUGE Blurp about all the madness going on in my mind (nursery related choices, and i accidentally clicked off of the page, LOSING my entire thing....) lets begin again shall we?
First and foremost, I'm Kim, I'm 25 (almost 26  yay for my golden bday!!) I'm married to my soul mate, Sir Lancelot, and we have 5 beautiful kids, 6 if you count the gorgeous gal in my belly also known as numero seis-- that's a whole nother can of worms which i will open in another blurp.  I promise.  I decided to create this fabulous blog to keep up with myself better.  I tend to think a lot, and move from one thought train to the next, and then forget what i originally was thinking, so my thought is, this will help me remember!!  not to mention the added bonus of keeping my sanity by having a place to ramble when my poor hubby gets sick of my randomness. 

In this blog (should you choose to follow it [score for me!]) you will more than likely find day to day thoughts of mine, vents of course, and then cool stuff that you might actually care about, like easy DIY crafts that I was actually able to pull off, interior design ideas that I love, helpful hints and lessons learned when it comes to keeping this ginormous familia running smoothly (the word smoothly is being used very loosely here), and anything else that comes my way and i think you friendly folks could get some use out of!

At this very second I am in my extremely comfortable and overpriced bed [lesson #1- when you have a million kids, don't spend 4,000 bucks on a Vera Wang mattress... its bound to be introduced to red Gatorade and potty accidents sooner rather than later.] I just finished a grand cup of homemade hot chocolate (a recipe I've mastered in the last few months of being knocked up) and listening to my 3 year old and his big sister enjoy the Grinch movie because apparently even though its nearing the end of January, its still Christmas in this joint!  As relaxing as all this sounds, let me tell you whats REALLY taking place.  I'm having a nervous breakdown.  Numero seis, also known as Avarie Berlin (or Ava for short) will be here in 12 short weeks at most, and we have NONE of her furniture yet.... "why?" you ask- well Ill tell you why... I cant decide what I'm doing!!  pretty rare for me, I usually when it comes to design have an image in my head or get inspired by one small thing and just run with it, however.... this time.... well its a whole new ballgame.  Allow me to explain.
We plan to share a room with this bundle of joy for a while, and i thought that made life more simple, our walls are grey so her bedding has grey in it, and out furniture is modern and in espresso finish, soooo i thought i would get hers in that finish also, BUT... shes going to stay in a little "cove"  (I know hard to imagine, ill post a picture to help) and I'm worried the dark finish will be TOO dark in the small space.... my next thought was well we have white trim doors etc in our room, our bedding is white, maybe white furniture would work, or maybe a combo of white and espresso even... Help me out folks, I'm losing my cool.... SO the pieces i plan to have are a crib, a cubicle storage unit thingy to house her clothes, and possibly a chair.  I'm now going to post pictures of all the options, and hope to God someone is kind enough to share some input....
First up: Cribs
Number one is from Ikea, the gulliver crib in white its only 100!!! and converts to a toddler bed.
next up, the babyletto in espresso, runs about $379 plus shipping, also converts into a toddler be with or without rail
Thoughts please!!  I Love them both, for multiple reasons, and I'm seriously torn.

Next up: Storage unit thingies.
If i do the espresso crib i plan to get an espresso unit, and then what color baskets??  who knows... well hatch that egg later... but heres the espresso one.
Its a crappy picture but the best I could find.

Then we have the white ones.... ok so if I do a white crib, the espresso unit could work with white baskets, OOORRRR, i could to a white unit with espresso baskets.  Here are the white choices.


OOOORRRRRRrrrr- this one on its side (it goes both ways)






















Now heres a picture of the cave, its completely empty and looks a lot smaller than it is in this picture but whatever.... I plan to put the crib against the wall with the tree painting thing and the storage unit against the wall with the dresser.... the chair if it makes it into the official plans will be at the end of the storage unit.


so theres the issue im mulling over (and over and over).... opinions much needed and greatly appreciated....


Onto for sure choice already made stuff (food for thought i guess) so you can get the whole picture....ish.... well now that I think about it the only for sure thing goin on is the bedding, heres her bedding.

I absolutely love it, and got it on etsy.com from babydarling.  lemme tell ya that chick can sew, its super good quality and very affordable, id buy it again in a heartbeat.

I think im done raving for now, Ill post more whattaya thinks later on, but honestly, I cant decide on anything til the furniture is outta the way.... so ya good day everyone!!  thanks for reading, and nice to meet you!


No comments:

Post a Comment